1. March 22nd is World Water Day. It started in 1993. It not only makes us think about the importance of water, but also calls on (号召) us to 39 and protect water. Today, we’re facing terrible water problems. Among them, wastewater problem is especially 40 . And the subject of World Water Day in 2017 is “wastewater”.
What is wastewater? It is used water. Usually, wastewater comes from homes, 41 , hospitals and so on. It is produced by different kinds of activities, including washing the machines, taking showers and using the kitchen. The rain also 42 wastewater when it is running down the street during a storm. No matter where it comes from, this kind of water is sure to have 43 harmful in it.
___44___ must we treat (处理) wastewater? Wastewater has a big influence on our life. It causes both illness for us and pollution for the environment. We must care for our environment and our own 45 .
How can we treat wastewater? Different kinds of wastewater need different ways of treatment. Wastewater 46 homes can be reused. Then there will be 47 wastewater. Also, factory wastewater has to be cleaned 48 it goes back to nature.
39. A. drink B. save C. carry D. watch
40. A. easy B. popular C. small D. serious
41. A. factories B. lakes C. rivers D. seas
42. A. gets back B. hands in C. changes into D. picks up
43. A. nothing B. something C. nobody D. somebody
44. A. What B. Who C. Why D. How
45. A. work B. interest C. health D. business
46. A. on B. for C. with D. from
47, A. less B. more C. better D. worse
48. A. and B. whether C. after D. before
41. 【析】考查名词。从homes, hospitals知道是产生污水之地，因此是A，其它均不能。
2. All through the winter, the Esquimaux(爱斯基摩人) live in houses made of snow. These small houses are very clean and white when they are new. They can soon turn dirty, but pieces of fresh snow make them new again.
Sometimes the Esquimaux build their small houses with the wood that they find along the seaside. However, they aren’t always so lucky. When they can’t get wood, they use the snow. It is so cold that the snow becomes very hard, so the small houses are strong enough in the whole winter. The windows of these houses are not made of glass, but of ice.
When the warm weather comes, the houses become water slowly. The Esquimaux get wet as they l
ie in bed, and often catch a cold. They are glad to get away from the small snow houses and live in their tens during the summer.
49. The Esquimaux live in houses made of _______ all through the winter.
A. glass B. snow C. paper D. grass
50. Sometimes the Esquimaux build their small houses with the wood that they find ______.
A. in the river B. in the snow C. along the seaside D. in the mountains
51. The Esquimaux live in their tents when ________.
A. the snow houses are dirty B. it is summer C. theygetsome wood D. it is spring
49. 【析】细节题。根据第一段第一句的the Esquimaux(爱斯基摩人) live in houses made of snow得到答案B。
51. 【析】细节题。根据最后一段的最后句live in their tens during the summer得到答案B。
3. Students in our school have a colorful school life. We have School Activity Week every year, On thewall of the teaching building are the posters from Grade 7, Grade 8 and Grade 9. Let’s go and have a look!
Be a Good Reader!
Time: 13:30-16:30, Apr. 10th
Place: Reading Hall
★Improve your reading skills and get new ways of reading.
★Learn more about nature.
★Increase your knowledge and make new friends.
Invite Your Father
to Join Us!
Time: 09:00-12:00, Apr. 12th
Place: Meeting Hall
★Join in the one-month “stop smoking” challenge
★Know about how to give up smoking
★Ask your father to join us!
Time: 14:00-17:00, Apr. 14th
Place: School Playground
★Save 30% on everything.
★Come and buy pens, dictionary and other school things.
★Look forward to your coming.
52. We can see the posters on the ________.
A. desk B. blackboard C. wall D. playground
53. The “stop smoking” challenge lasts ________.
A. one week B. one month C. on term D. one year
54. When we take part in the activity on Apr. 10th, we can do the following activities expect _______.
A. buying school things B. getting new ways of reading
C. improving reading skills D. learning more about nature
55. If a pen in the shop is ten yuan, we can pay only ______ yuan for it in our school on Apr. 14th.
A. eight B. seven C. three D. two
52. 【析】细节题。根据前言介绍的On thewall of the teaching building are the posters from Grade 7, Grade 8 and Grade 9.得到答案C。
53. 【析】细节题。根据题干知道是八年级的活动，从中找到the one-month知道答案B。
54. 【析】信息归纳题。根据Apr. 10th知道是七年级活动，对照比较活动内容，知道A答案是九年级的内容，故答案是A。
55. 【析】简单计算题。根据pen知道是九年级活动，再根据Save 30%知道付款70%，因此计算得到7元，答案是B。
4. China has been famous around the world since ancient times. In the past, we had the Four Great Inventions. Nowadays, more inventions and creations have made China stronger and greater in the world.
On May 5th, 2017, at Shanghai Pudong International Airport, China’s first large homemade jet airliner(喷气式客机), the C919, took off successfully for the first time. It has taken about ten years for the scientists and researchers to make this Chinese dream come true, It’s a pride of the whole nation. So far, more than 23 companies have already ordered 570 C919 planes from China. But we still have a long way to go before the C919 carries passengers by 2020. It also faces the challenge of competing with the Airbus A320 and the new Boeing B737.
What’s more, China is working on the new high-speed trains with the highest speed of 400 km/h. It will be ready by 2020. The new trains are expected to push area cooperation(合作) and create new business for China and foreign countries. Many countries, especially the ones in Central Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe, are planning to build high-speed rail lines or to improve their railways with the help of China. They’d like to get support in technology from China.
China has made great progress in both science and technology. And it makes a great contribution(贡献) to human, too. All of these are changing the daily life of Chinese people, even of the people around the world.
56. The C919 will have a competition with _______ and the new Boeing B737.
A. the Airbus A320 B. the Boeing B777 C. the Airbus A380 D. the Boeing B787
57. From the passage, we know that many countries in ______are planning to build high-speed rail lines or to improve their railways.
①Southeast Asia ② North America ④Eastern Europe
④Central Asia ⑤South America ⑥the Middle East
A. ①③④⑤ B. ①③④⑥ C. ②③④⑤ D. ②④⑤⑥
58. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Over 32 companies ordered 570 C919 planes from China.
B. Successfully, the C919 took off for the first time on May 5th, 2017.
C. Many countries in Central Asia help China build high-speed rail lines.
D. The high-speed trains with the speed of 400 km/h can carry more passengers.
59. The passage mainly wants to tell us _______.
A. the Chinese scientists are better at science and technology
B. the four Great Inventions makes China strong and great in the world
C. China has increased the international influence with its development
D. China has produced the new high-speed trains with the speed of 400 km/h
56. 【析】细节题。根据It also faces the challenge of competing with the Airbus A320 and the new Boeing B737.得答案A。
57. 【析】细节题，根据especially the ones in Central Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe, are planning to build high-speed rail lines or to improve their railways with the help of China.得答案B。
58. 【析】细节归纳题。根据more than 23 companies have already ordered 570 C919 planes from China.知道A不对；根据第二段第一句话知道B正确；根据57题知道C不对；根据第三段内容没有涉及高铁多装顾客，故D是错误的。
5. Could the students from less developed areas in central and western China get the same educational chances as those in big cities in the east? Could the children in poor rural (农村) areas develop as well as those in rich cities? Maybe the answers were “No” in the past. But now, China is trying to change the situation.
In order to help rural students grow taller and stronger, China’s Nutrition
(营养) Improvement Program
started in 2011. According to the program, a lot more money was spent improving students’ meals. More than 36 million students from 134,000
primary and junior high schools in poor rural areas have benefited
from the program. They are provided with healthy food like eggs and milk from Monday to Friday at school. And the result of a survey shows that the students in those areas are much taller and stronger than before.
It is true that there were differences between less developed areas and
developed areas in education before. Recently, The Guideline for Popularizing High School Education
(2017-2020) has come out. According to the guideline, above 90% students from all over the country will go to high schools by 2020. What’s more, the schools in central and western areas will get more support to improve their education.
Students from rural and poor areas also get more chances to receive higher education. A special college program makes it possible for more students from those areas to go to key (重点的) colleges and universities. The number will be increased by 10% in 2017.
With the guideline and the programs, we can expect a fairer and more balanced (均衡的) education in the future.
60. The number of 134,000
in Paragraph 2 is the number of _______ in poor rural areas.
A. the key schools B. the poor students
C. the key colleges and universities D. the primary and junior high schools
he underlined word “benefited
” in Paragraph 2 means _______ in Chinese.
A. 逃离 B. 获益 C. 受害 D. 赚钱
62. If we put the passage into three parts, which of the following is the best?
(=Para.(自然段) 1 ‚=Para. 2 ƒ=Para. 3 „=Para. 4 …=Para. 5)
A. ‚;ƒ„;… B. ;‚ƒ;„… C. ;‚ƒ„;… D. ‚;ƒ;„…
63. After reading the passage, we can infer(推断) that ________.
A. Liu Xi, a student from Chongqing, can go to any high school if she wants to
B. Li Mei, a student from a western rural school, can get a bag of milk every day
C. Hu Jia, a 12-year-old rural student, will more easily receive high school education
D. Han Lei, a student from Beijing, will have few chances to go to key universities
60. 【析】细节题。根据More than 36 million students from 134,000
d junior high schools得到答案D。
61. 【析】词义猜测题。根据后面的They are provided with healthy food like eggs and milk from Monday to Friday at school.这些食物给学生，那当然应该是学生得到了实惠，故只有B才符合文意，其它均与此无关。
63. 【析】推断题。选项A根据above 90% students from all over the country will go to high schools by 2020知道是可以上高中的机会，而不是随意想上自己想上的学校；选项B根据第二段知道是已经存在的事实了，而不是推断可能要发生的事，故错误；选项C根据第三段内容可知普及高中
A. You’d better take a bus.
B. Why do you go there?
C. You know, I want to lose my weight.
D. But I don’t know the way there.
E. It’s a wonderful one.
F. Where do you usually do sports?
G. It’s between a bank and a theater.
A: Hello, Tony. What are you busy doing these days?
B: I’m busy exercising. 64
A: What for? You’re in good health.
B: Thank you. But I want to be much fitter.
B: At Sunshine Sports Center. I’m a VIP of it.
A: Wow, cool! I’d like to exercise there, too. 66
B: Don’t worry. I can help you.
A: Is it far from here?
B: Yes. It’s about three kilometers from here. 67
A: Which bus should I take?
B: You need to take Bus No. 3 to Binjiang Road, and walk along that road to the end. Then you can see Sunshine Sports Center on your left. 68 It’s easy to find it.
A: Thank you very much.
B: My pleasure.
66.【析】根据Is it far from here?和乘公交车可知A不知道那个地方，因此应该是D符合。
7. May 31, 2017
Jaden is a six-year-old boy. He experienced the unlucky things of life twice. First he lost his dad when he was four and his mom died unexpectedly in her sleep last month. Jaden’s heart was broken. His parents’ death hit him a lot.
But things always go towards a good side. A few weeks later, Jaden told his aunt that he was tired of seeing everyone sad all the time. He’d like to see more smiles around him. He hoped that the number of the smiles could reach 100.
Then he asked his aunt to buy him some little toys and take him to the center of the city. “I’m trying to make people smile,” said Jaden. At first, he was not sure if the people passing by would like to receive his toys. In fact, he was always successful and got close to his dream step by step, because no one could refuse such a little boy’s giving and expecting.
“I’m keeping a count of 100 smiles,” said Jaden. When asked if he could make it, he answered, “I think I can.”
Reported by Barbara
69. Did Jaden lose his parents?
70. How many smiles did Jaden hope to get?
71. What did Jaden do to cheer himself up in the center of the city?
72. Do you think Jaden’s way was good to deal with his problem? Why or why not?
69`【析】细节题。根据His parents’ death hit him a lot.知道父母双亡，与事实相符应该回答yes。即Yes. /Yes, he did。
70`【析】根据He hoped that the number of the smiles could reach 100.或者最后一段的I’m keeping a count of 100 smiles得到答案是100.或One hundred。
71`【析】根据第三段内容进行归纳概括答案，在市中心做的事是赠送玩具给路人从而得到微笑。故答案为：He gave the toys to the people passing by and get smiles from them. Or He gave the toys to the people passing by to make them happy.
72`【析】根据文章内容发表自己观点，同时还表达出支持自己观点的理由。可以是同意也可以不同意。故答案可能是：Yes /I think so. Because smiles from others could cheer him up. Or No /I don’t think so. Because I think the only way to cheer up us changing oneself. Or I think that ….只要言之有理，语言表达正确，无语法和词汇错误即可。
8. 73. We are going to have a school trip after the exam. (改为否定句)
We _______ _______ going to have a school trip after the exam.
74. Li Hua usually goes to the library after school. (对划线部分提问)
_________ _______ Li Hua usually do after school?
75. My classmates walked to Three Gorges Museum yesterday. (改为同义句)
My classmates went to Three Gorges Museum ________ ________ yesterday.
We should think about _______ ________ introduce Chinese culture to the world.
I am interested in many subjects _________ ________ music, English and history.
74. 【析】划线部分是谓语和宾语，因此疑问词应该是What … do，再根据主语Li Hua是三人称单数的一般现在时，故助动词应该是does，做题时注意关键词goes确定时态。
75. 【析】同义句动词walked没有了，显然是解释它，那就为go…on foot，动词已经给出went，那只剩
77. 【析】根据汉语和英语提示，知道缺少例如这个短语，那么有for example(=for instance)和such as (=like)后接具体内容，它们的区别是for example强调“举例”说明，而且一般只举同类人或物中的一个作为插入语，且用逗号隔开，可置于句首、句中或句末。而such as用来“罗列”同类人或物中的几个例子，可置于被列举的事物与前面的名词之间，但其后边不能用逗号。因此本题答案只能是such as，for example是错误的。
9. Sometimes we are used to drawing a quick conclusion(结论), But is it right or not? My little son gave me a ____78___.
One day, I took my five-year-old son to go out for a walk after dinner. On the way, we saw an old woman selling fruits. I didn’t take enough money with me. ___79____ my son liked eating fruit very much, I could buy only two pears and gave them to him.
The little boy held the pears in his hands. I asked him if he could share one ___80____ me. On hearing this, he quickly took a bite(咬) from one pear, and the ___81___.
I was quite surprised. I ___82___ myself what mistakes I had made in educating my son so that he acted in such a greedy(贪婪) way. I was lost in thought. Perhaps I was just ___83____ too much. My son was too young to know about sharing and giving.
Suddenly, my son gave me the pear in his right hand and said, “Mom, you have this one. This one is much sweeter.” Then I knew why my little son took a bite from ___84___ pear.
From then on, I always tell myself not to reach a conclusion too ___85___. Try to spend some more time in understanding things better.
80.【析】考查介词。根据意思是和某人分享某物应该是share sth with sb的固定搭配。
81.【析】根据前面I could buy only two pears，再由吃了one，又吃the other，即两者时，一个……另一个。
85.【析】最后一段与首段的we are used to drawing a quick
10. 在我们成长的道路，朋友是不可或缺的那道风景。在相知相伴的岁月里，留下了多少美好的故事和难忘的回忆! 某英语报社以“A Story Between My Friend and Me”为题开展征文活动，请你按要求用英语写一篇文章参赛。
A Story Between My Friend and Me
There is always something unforgettable in my life, especially the story between my friend and me. _____________________________________________________________________________
可能用到的句型或短语：help sb with sth, feel /be worried about, with one’s help, fall behind…，可能的连词：so, then, when, not …any more, no matter what…，可能用到宾语从句、时间状语从句、条件状语从句或比较状语从句和定语从句。
There is always something unforgettable in my life, especially the story between my friend and me. One thing happened in the past had a deep influence on me.
Here is the story. On a rainy day, I suddenly fell down and hurt myself badly. My left leg was broken. So I had to stay in hospital for about one month and I was worried about my study. Then my friend Mingming came to see me. When he knew about that, he said he could help me with my study. On hearing this, I didn’t feel worried any more. From that day on, he taught me every day. I was so moved. I didn’t fall behind the other students with Mingming’s help. I thanked him a lot.
In my opinion, friends are very important in our life. No matter what happen, true friends will always be friends.